Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Exped DreamWalker 650 Sleeping Bag I Want This In My Bug Out Bag


This Exped DreamWalker 650 sleeping bag looks amazing.  The price is amazing almost.  This sleeping bag converts from a sleeping bag to a blanket or a camp coat.  When you wake up in the morning you can just get up and walk around.  The jacket/sleeping bag is a 100% goose down and can stand temperatures from -6 degrees Celsius/20 degrees Fahrenheit.  They say that you will not experience any cold spots while wrapped up in this sleeping bag/goose down coat.

 When I add this to my collection I will check it out.  I would like to use this on a mock 30 day survival test. I have had many cheap sleeping bags and have woken up with cold feet, broken zippers.  ant's in my sleeping bag you name it.  I have read meany reviews and they save it does a pretty good job with the moisture protection.  I guess that would come in handy if you sweat a lot.   It does have pocket hand warmers to keep your hand from getting cold.  You can lock in your body heat with this sleeping bag.  The cold does not really stand a chance from all the reviews I have read.  The bag has a 5 year warranty and that is a lot for a sleeping bag.  I love that about  this sleeping bag.

Here are some specs that come from Amazon.
  • Converts easily from sleeping bag to camp coat
  • Unique insulated hood with easy adjustments for clear vision
  • Chin guard insulates against cold zipper
  • Insulated draft tubes protect arm accesses
  • Soft draft tube collar offers complete adjustment, and prevents heat loss
  • Insulated, hand warmer pockets also hold personal items
  • Locking zippers adjust from either side
  • Reflective, glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls
  • Stiffener behind the zipper prevents snags
  • Double tuck-stitch design for extra durability and moisture protection
  • Bar-tacked stress points for extra strength
  • Includes a mesh storage bag and a waterproof fold-n-roll closure stuff sack
Specifications:
  • Overall weight: 2.67 ounces (medium); 3.43 ounces (large)
  • Down fill weight: 1.44 ounces (medium); 1.78 ounces (large)
  • Packed Dimensions: 12 x 7 inches (medium); 13 x 7 inches (large)
  • Fits lengths to: 75 inches (medium); 83 inches (large)
  • Shell material: Texped PA35 Ripstop Nylon
  • Lining material: Texped PR 58 Ripstop polyester
  • Fill content: 750 fill Goose Down




Temperature rating EN 13537:
  • Traditional North American Rating = -6 degrees Celsius/ 20 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Upper Comfort Limit: 15 degrees Celsius/ 59 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Comfort Women: 2 degrees Celsius/ 36 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Comfort Men: -3 degrees Celsius/ 27 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Lower Extreme Limit: -6 degrees Celsius/ 20 degrees Fahrenheit

I would love to get my hands on this sleeping bag.  It has a hefty price tag but from all the reviews I have ready it seems like it is worth it to me.  I think it is really neat that you can get up in the middle of the night and still be warm.  Have you ever got up in the middle of the night out of your sleeping bag?  The air outside is so cold you exhale icicles.  This sleeping bag is heavy so don't try and pack your bug out bag so heavy that you can't add the DreamWalker 650.   Make sure you take a look at your bug out bag checklist and take off any extra stuff so you can add this bag.  I know if I get this bag I would be waking in heaven around my campsite.  Then I realized I was wearing the Dream Walker 650 in my dreams.   It's always nice to dream.  "Don't Judge Me".  Survive your dreams and buy the DreamWalker 650.






No comments:

Post a Comment